Diana Wallis Taylor, author of "Claudia: Wife of Pontius Pilate", "Mary Magdalene: A Novel", "Ruth: Mother of Kings", "Martha: A Novel", "Journey to the Well", "Smoke Before the Wind", and "House of the Forest" answers 10 questions about her favorite time period in history, her favorite figures from history, and the age old question of coffee or tea.
1. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
Maybe Jane Austen. Love her stories
2. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
One year? Couldn’t narrow it to one.
3. You're having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
Will Rogers, William Wallace (Wallis) alias “Braveheart”, Pearl Buck, Ann Morrow Lindberg, and Princess Diana.
4. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
5. Two fellow historical fiction authors you'd like to go on a history themed tour of the world with?
6. Who was more dashing and interesting, King Henry VIII of England or King Louis XIV of France?
I have no idea!
7. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
Haven’t studied them. Maybe Anne Boleyn
8. English monarchy or French monarchy?
9. What three novels could you read over and over?
"The Book of Hours", the writings of Elizabeth Gouge, (English Author of the 40’s) Any of Jane Austin’s books.
10. Tea or coffee when writing?
Diana Wallis Taylor's official website: