Carol Edgerley, author of "Marguerite" and "Claire" answers 10 questions about her favorite time period in history, her favorite figures from history, and the age old question of coffee or tea.
1. If you could go back in time and be any figure from history, who would it be?
Robert Cecil, Lord Burghley chief adviser and confidante of Queen Elizabeth I throughout most of her life.
2. What year in history would you have liked to live in?
Edwardian times…when men could be men, and women were women.
3. You're having a dinner party and you can invite 5 people from history, who would they be?
Francis Walsingham, spymaster for Elizabeth I Bess of Hardwicke…businesswoman par excellence Julius Caesar Sir Francis Drake Edward IV of England
4. What castle from the past or present would you like to live in?
Château Chambord, Pays de la Loire…a romantic manor house set in the middle of a river where Mary Queen of Scots (then Dauphine of France) spent her girlhood.
5. Two fellow historical fiction authors you'd like to go on a history themed tour of the world with?
Simon Schama and David Starkey
6. Who was more dashing and interesting, King Henry VIII of England or King Louis XIV of France?
King Louis XIV of France…he wasn't known as the Sun King (Roi du Soleil) for nothing!
7. Which of the six wives of King Henry VIII is your favorite?
Anne Boleyn ,attractive, sophisticated and charismatic rather than beautiful, she swiftly became a victim of her enemies.
8. English monarchy or French monarchy?
English monarchy was frankly dazzling…
9. What three novels could you read over and over?
"HENRY" by David Starkey "THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF HENRY VIII" by Margaret George "THE LADY ELIZABETH" by Alison Weir.
10. Tea or coffee when writing?
COFFEE! Lots of the lovely stuff…
Carol Edgerley's official website: