Halloween is only a few days away, do you have your costume ready? Here are some quick last minute ideas for costumes you can put together from items you already have on hand or can put together quickly. Costume accessories are easy to find at thrift stores or party supply stores.
1. IRON CHEF - Wear a chef's hat and carry an iron.
2. SELF PORTRAIT - Carry an empty frame with you to hold up in front of your face. These are easy to find for a few dollars at most second hand shops. Be sure to practice your cheesy grin before you go out.
4. BRAWNY PAPER TOWEL MAN - dress your bearded fellow (or draw on a beard) in a plaid shirt and have him carry a pack of Brawny paper towels.
5. CEILING FAN - Use a fabric marker to write GO CEILING! on a plain white t-shirt and carry pom-poms. Can't find actual pom-poms? Grab some wooden spoons and tie strips of party streamers to the end for a DIY pair.
6. JELLYFISH - attach party streamers to the bottom of an umbrella and make eyes from paper to stick onto one side. Carry the umbrella over your head for a quick and fun costume!
7. THE MUMMY - really running out of time? Grab a few rolls of toilet paper and have a friend wrap you up for a fun night.
8. PARTY ANIMAL - Cut out a pair of bunny (or cat or dog!) ears from craft paper and attach them to a birthday party hat.
9. DR WHO? - find a scrub top (or a whole set of scrubs) at a a thrift store and stick on a "Hello My Name Is" sticker that says "Who?" and you're all set.
10. ROSIE THE RIVETER - Wear a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and jeans. Learn to tie a Rosie the Riveter bandana HERE.
Whatever you do for Halloween this year be safe and have fun!