If you are doing a report on the human heart or just interested in learning more about the human heart, you have come to the right place. Good luck on your report and finding lots of interesting information on the human heart; remember to always take good care of your heart. Here you will find 10 interesting heart facts for kids.
- A kid’s heart is about the same size as his/her fist. An adult heart is about the same size as two of his/her fists.
- A kid’s heart weighs approximately 3 to 8 ounces, 3 CD’s weigh about 3 ounces and 2 bottles of Elmer’s glue weigh about 8 ounces.
- The human heart will beat approximately 2.5 billion times during an average lifetime.
- On average, a kid’s resting pulse will range from 90 to 120 beats per minute.
- On average, a kid’s heart beats 100,000 times a day.
- The average heart pumps approximately 1 million barrels of blood during a lifetime; there are 31. 5 gallons of fluid in 1 barrel.
- Your heart is made up of four chambers – the left atrium, right atrium, left ventricle and right ventricle.
- The heart starts beating 4 weeks after conception.
- Every day 2,700 people die of heart disease.
- The first successful heart transplant was performed in Cape Town, South Africa in 1967.
Please follow Michelle on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest news, parenting ideas, travel tips and teaching ideas.
Click the SUBSCRIBE above to receive e-mail updates of new articles from Michelle Guilbeau.