Communication that is effective, is a very important aspect of customer service. Customer service practices are developed to make sure of timely and efficient delivery of products and services. Also to provide solutions to any service related issues that may occur or arise. In dealing with customers, good communication is necessary regardless of the interaction being face-to-face, by phone, email, or through the utilization of social media.
Here are 10 insights on how communication will impact the service level for the customer:
- Knowing about a customer's purchase history can equip you to provide a satisfactory experience for the customer.
- Determining the 'why', helps to understand the customer's wants. Asking a few questions helps obtain the information necessary to select the right items.
- The more you know about your customers, the more you'll be able to suggest additional items.
- No two customers are alike. Being able to differentiate between customers will help you better provide alternatives and make recommendations that fit each individual customer.
- Building a relationship will develop into repeated visits to obtain your advice.
- Getting customers to trust you takes practice and consistency, which is established in the tone of your communication and in showing empathy and understanding.
- Eliminating guesswork can be done through asking open ended questions such as who, what, when, where, why, and how.
- The more comfortable you make the customer feel, the closer you will be to knowing what they want and what will satisfy their needs.
- Asking probing questions gives you a clear mental picture of what the customer is looking for or the service they are needing.
- Asking 'why' also helps the customer clarify what they want and continues to allow you to help provide the best product or service.
"Most salespeople can find out what the customer wants. It takes a professional to find out the personal motivation the customer has for wanting it in the first place" -Anonymous