There may be a bit of a red zone when stepping into the territory of plus size clothing. It's not that fashion doesn't appreciate plus sizes, it's just that just like petite sizes, there really aren't that many selections that are specifically tailored to us-- so we either have to adjust, or figure out a short cut.
But there is, however, a bright side. With many retailers now embracing the buying power of fuller figured women and coming to terms with the reality that the average size for an American woman is a 14, we're starting to see more trendier additions on plus sized racks.
Slowly fading away are the days when plus sized clothing meant tons of floral on misaligned shapes. These days the cuts are better, the prints more modern, and the silhouettes more feminine.
We've scoured the hottest looks for the Spring aimed at giving fuller figured women a reason to flaunt those curves, and here are out top 10 picks...
1. Lafayette 148 New York 'Zoe' Dress $798 bloomingdales.com
2. BB DAKOTA 'Karleen' Dress $120 bloomingdales.com
3. Calvin Klein Belted Fit & Flare Dress $158 nordstrom.com
4. Adrianna Papell Scalloped Lace Dress $160 nordstrom.com
5. ASOS Curve Palm Print Cami Dress w/Organza Panel $66 asos.com
6. Alyx Black Dot Sheath Dress $30 jcpenney.com
7. Forever 21 Standout Asymmetrical Dress $16 forever21.com
8. BB Dakota 'Gelsey' Dress $118 bloomingdales.com
9. ASOS Curve Shift Dress in Animal Print $53 asos.com
10. Vince Camuto Plus Cafe Stripe Maxi Dress $144 bloomingdales.com