August 6, 2012
Get your college student ready for move-in by including these top ten, not always thought of, products for college dorms. You’ll make them more comfortable and safe.
- Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets – This handy laundry product is great for college students. Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets are a load’s worth of detergent, softener and anti-static, all in one powerful sheet. Simply drop laundry sheet into washer, the detergent is released during the wash cycle. Once wash is complete, transfer the laundry sheet with clothes to dryer. The stripe is heat activated by the dryer to soften and remove static. It’s that simple. No heavy bottles or mess.
- Brita Filter Pitcher – No matter where you go it’s great to enjoy clear, filtered water. Brita's advanced filtration process; you can enjoy water that's free of harmful substances and unappealing chlorine taste. Using this pitcher for your drinking water needs is also an easy way to help the environment by decreasing the need for bottled water. Be sure to get the slim design so that it will easily fit in a dorm fridge.
- Memory foam mattress topper – Having a comfy topper to put on your college bed will ensure a good night’s sleep. College students need to sleep as deeply as they can since they stay up studying and sleep is at a premium.
- Hypo-allergenic, bed-bug proof, mattress and pillow covers – Make sure you get a good zippered mattress cover that complete encloses your dorm room mattress. It will protect you from allergens, dust mites and bed bugs. Don’t forget one for your pillow too.
- Surge-protector power strip – Usually electric outlets do not equal the number of electronics in a dorm room. Don’t forget to bring along a good multi-outlet surge-protector power strip. Get one with a flat plug will save some room.
- 3M Command strips and hooks – Most dorms don’t allow students to make holes in the walls to hang pictures. This is a damage-free way to hang things and leaves no sticky residue or stains on the wall thus saving your dorm deposit. Each adhesive strip has a strong, reliable hold and is easy to apply and removal takes seconds
- A clip on book light – If you have a roomie who likes to go to bed and you like to read or study all night having a clip on book light will keep the peace. Some book lights are small clip right onto the book; others can be clipped to the headboard of your bed.
- Dorm Safe – Unfortunately, one of the biggest dorm supplies categories that have seen a rise in need are safety and security items. This may not be all that bad as students are becoming more aware and vigilant against thieves and attackers. Your dorm room stuff is valuable and keeping it protected in dorm rooms that have lots of people coming and going is essential. A dorm safe can keep your valuables safe.
- Bissel 3 in 1 Vac – This light-weight vacuum is essential to keeping your room tidy. The 3-in-1 Vac can be used as a lightweight stick vacuum on carpet, area rugs and hard floors. You can quickly remove the Quick-Release Handle and keep the foot attached for convenient spot cleaning. Removing both the handle and the foot allows you to use it as a hand vacuum on countertops or upholstery.
- Storage Ottoman – Every college dorm needs more storage and more seating. Try to find an ottoman that can easily be wiped clean.