Vannetta Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband. She has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving over two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather’s birthplace in Albion, Pennsylvania. She is the author of several Amish novels, including A Simple Amish Christmas, and the Shipshewana Quilt Shop Mystery 3-book series from Grand Rapids-based Zondervan Publishing. Her latest book, A Home for Lydia, the second book in a new romantic series from Harvest House, has just been released. You'll find Chapman's books at most local Grand Rapids Christian bookstores, such as Family Christian Stores and Baker Book House.
Visit her website at: www.vannettachapman.com.
Here are 10 fun and totally random facts about Vannetta:
1. Morning person or night owl? Both! Which makes me a little sleepy.
2. Your greatest fear: tall bridges and narrow mountain hiking trails.
3. Worst injury you've ever had: Crushed finger was inconvenient, though I managed to type with 9 fingers. Plantar Fascia was horrible, as I like to walk DAILY. Currently my foot is broken which is a bummer, but I hope to be back at my daily mile(s) soon.
4. Your favorite cookie: Chocolate, chocolate chip, chocolate pecan, any chocolate!
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Granola bar, package of almonds, and coffee!
6. Favorite board game: Scrabble
7. Any unusual hobbies or collections? I love to walk/hike, which isn't that unusual ... but we've been known to do 20 miles in one day. I'm not very athletic, so walking was the best active "hobby" for me!
8. Favorite book of the Bible: Job
9. What inspires you? Music, many different kinds, but I often have something playing in the background and I adore playing the piano/keyboard.
10. What makes you laugh? Many things - my cats, t.v., my husband, myself!