Drum roll please. The award season officially got under way yesterday Wed., Jan. 9 at the People’s Choice Awards 2013.
The People’s Choice Awards as everyone knows are given based on votes from the very most important people fans.
So, in review, the PCA (OTRC) fashion unlike loftier award shows like the ‘Oscars’ seemed youthful, offbeat and with one single scratch on the head this question appeared in my brain, “What were you thinking?”
Nylon Magazine wrote, “We're not going to pick a favorite because after all the People's Choice Awards are all about the people picking a fave.”
I, on the other hand, in the name of fun, fashion and the choices we all make for better or worse, in no particular order give you my ten fashion favorite trends and fashion flops seen at the People’s Choice Awards 2013.
1. My choice for best-dressed male and female go to actress Lea Michele and actor Chris Colfer.
Lea Michele wearing an adorable pink mini dress by Elie Saab, high and tight Boho braids, and sexy strappy pink sandals was a vivacious vision accessorized with her very own personalized People’s Choice Award for Favorite TV Comedy Actor.
Amber Garrett writer for Fashion Magazine reported, “ Lea Michele was dressed to kill the competition.”
Chris Colfer, winner of Favorite TV Comedy Actor wore a dark shirt and tie with charcoal slacks. Notice he’s not wearing a jacket.
One style idea revealed from last night’s award show for the cool and casual male is when wearing a tie no need for a jacket and when wearing a jacket no need for a tie.
Better still Colfer might consider next time wearing a bow tie handmade by Bowyer & Fletcher, just a suggestion, what do you think?
2. Metallic and gold sneakers are a huge trend for 2013 so get a pair.
Although they didn’t arrive together the trendsetting gold sneakers worn by actress Kathryn Newton and metallic sparkle worn by actor Robert Downing, Jr., winner of Favorite Movie Actor certainly made a great pair of shoes.
3. Purple is a hot color for men’s fashion and actors Nathan Fillion and Seamus Dever put on the purple finishing touches with necktie and pocket scarf. You looked great guys.
@British Vogue tweeted yesterday, "Purple is @ChristopherKane's colour of choice for menswear."
4. Sequin was everywhere at PCA. Best gold sequin goes to glamorous actress Naomi Watts, best pair of sequin pants actress Katie Cassidy and worse bold sequin striped gown to actress Rumer Willis.
5. Worst in white singer Taylor Swift because her low cut V-neck gown made her look like she has no breasts and it was not flattering. Actress Morena Baccarin looked ridiculous putting pants with a strapless top. White wide legged pants should never be a substitute for a skirt on a strapless gown.
6. Pink is my favorite not to be missed spicy accent and showed up as pretty pink pumps worn by actress Sandra Bullock, winner of the Favorite Humanitarian award and again Lea Michele for her pink dress and pink strappy come hither shoes.
7. Best child-like look actress Emma Watson.
8. The leather dress worn by Jennifer Aniston was interesting but not a winning look for her. The A-line skirt with pleats and the scoop neckline was wrong. Maybe it was the camera angle, what are you think?
9. Sparkle plenty like a star and cap sleeved dress worn by ballroom dancer and actress Julianne Hough was beautiful. Julianne made a great choice.
10. Folky Boho braided hair had singer Katy Perry posing as a double for Maria Von Trapp and she looked ready to break out singing, “The hills are alive with the sound of music.” I love designer Valentino but this was not a look I expected on Katy. Braided hair was the go to hairstyle of the night seen on actresses Rumer Willis, Lea Michele and Taylor Spreitler.
For more fashion fun, dress to dazzle at work, home and play follow me @CatherineGarvin.