Have you noticed lately that eating out can actually be cheaper than cooking at home? We are bringing you 10 meals that will not break your bank. These meals are not only easy, but are so delicious that even the pickiest kids will love them. When you need to slash your food billing without slashing taste, try a few of these recipes:
1. Anne's Amazing Meatballs - This yummy crock pot recipe is so simple and only requires 5 ingredients. All you need is a bag of frozen meatballs, a can of cream of celery soup, a can french onion soup, 8 oz. of sour cream and cooked egg noodles. Throw these in the crock pot for a couple hours and you are ready for one great meal.
2. Salsa Rice Casserole - Yet another easy-peasy meal that you and your family will go back for seconds. This recipe calls for chicken, rice, salsa, cheese, onion, cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup. Make this meal a day ahead so all you have to do is heat it up when you get home and you are good to go.
3. Sausage Potato Casserole - This recipe is great because you can buy a bag of potatoes for $3.50 at your local Walmart or Kroger and you can use them for quite a few different meals. Again, this is an simple meal that you can make a day ahead and heat up the following day. If you like cream of mushroom soup, onion, sausage, potatoes, milk and cheese, then this will be a family favorite.
4. Cheater Chicken Pot Pie - When you think of chicken pot pie, you think of hours of times slaving away in the kitchen. With this recipe, all you need is chicken, frozen vegetables, cream of chicken soup and refrigerated biscuits. Mix the ingredients, place the biscuits on top, bake for 15-20 minutes and you are ready to eat.
5. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken - Two ingredients is all you need for this fantastic slow cooker meal. Just place chicken breasts in a crock pot with a bottle of barbecue sauce and let it cook on low for 6 hours. You can even have a can of green beans and Kraft Mac N Cheese and stay under $10.
Check back tomorrow for 5 more meals under $10!