April 7, 2014
Trying to make weekend plans? Here are 10 events you'll find in our area this weekend April 12th -13th. There are all kinds of festivals and events that are family friendly. Head on out and have a great time!
- Jest Fest - head on over to the Bo Diddley Community Plaza in Gaineville for comedy and entertainment. April 12th the following are scheduled to perform through out the day *Barbara & Ina (living statue) * Ed Thomas & Hugo (comedian/ ventriloquist) and Johnny Fox (magician / sword swallower) .
- 16th Annual Strawberry Festival - located in historic downtown Starke. Saurday 9am - 7pm and Sunday 9am - 5Pm You will find food, craft vendors, family fun and most of all strawberries galore.
- Annual Fine Arts Festival - Cedar Key take a stroll down the cozy streets of Cedar Key and enjoy some beautiful art along with great scenery. You'll find jewelry, ceramics ,crafts, paintings, sculptures and much more at this family friendly venue.
- Clay County Fair - Green Cove Springs "Celebrate Clay Day" $25 armbands sold 11 am - 8pm midway opens at 11am. Have fun , ride some rides, take in the animals and eat some yummy fair food.
- Garden and Flower Expo - Saturday 9am to 4 pm this event will take place at the St.John's County Agriculture Center Admission is $5 for adults children 11 and under are FREE.
- St.Mary's Railroad Peter Cottontail Express - located at the St.Mary's Railroad Peter Rabbit will have a special egg hunt just for train riders. This event is bound to be a lot of fun. Open Car rides are $17 for adults children 2 and under are FREE and 3-12 years old are $11.
- Little Planet Helpers- at the Avenues Mall . Little Planet Helpers will be from 11am - 1 pm at the center court. This is a event for children ages 3-8 years old and allows children to explore and learn more about the environment and living green.
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny - little kids will be lining up Saturday at the Orange Park Mall to have breakfast with the Bunny from 8:30 -10 am. Must be a Kidgits member so be sure and sign up before hand online. There will be an Easter egg hunt, bunny hop all sorts of Easter fun.
- Blessing of the Fleet - this event takes place on Sunday the 13th at the Yacht Club in St.Augustine. Decorated watercraft will line up to receive a blessing from the Bishop of the Diocese of St.Augustine. This will be from 12-1 pm.
- Alligator Lake Spring Festival - located at Alligator Lake Park and Recreation Area in Lake City. This event has all kinds of fun including a plant sale, bird walks, butterfly walk, kids activities and food. The cost is free and the festival is from 8-2 pm on Saturday.
Have fun !