Regardless of your weight loss goals, one of the main side effects of living a healthy lifestyle is often weight loss. You read that right. Without even trying, often the weight easily falls off after one adopts a healthy eating regimen. With a few simple changes, weight loss can be a side effect of your lifestyle rather than spending your life trying to shed those pounds. Try incorporating these tips into your daily routine and watch the pounds fall off.
1. Don’t bite off more than you can chew, literally and figuratively.
- Make one small change at a time. Set one new goal a week or month rather than changing everything at once.
2. Track what your consuming.
- Research suggests that those that keep a record of what they eat, are able to lose and maintain weight loss better than those that don’t. Try a free App like MyFitnessPal or use the old faithful: a pen and journal to keep track of your daily intake.
3. Be physically active, and not just during “planned exercise.”
- Move more all throughout the day, not just at the gym. Walk, stand, whatever you enjoy doing, but just move more.
4. If you don’t want to eat it all, don’t bring it in the house.
- Keep your pantry and fridge stocked with healthy foods and keep all junk foods out of the house. This way, when an unhealthy craving strikes, you will have to answer that craving with a healthy alternative.
5. Choose water.
- Drink water over soda, juice, alcohol, caffeinated treats, etc. This will not only keep you hydrated, full and energized but it will also cut a slue of calories too.
6. Keep healthy snacks on hand.
- Keep your metabolism humming all throughout the day by enjoying a healthy snack here and there. Don’t let the vending machine be the answer to your growling tummy.
7. Get enough sleep.
- Your body repairs, recoverers and changes during rest. Allow it the time it needs to do so.
8. Eat only when you are hungry.
- Before you being to eat, question if you are eating out of true hunger or is it because you are bored, stressed, tired, etc.
9. Eat real food.
- Plain and simple. Choose real food over processed food. Healthy fats over fat-free. Fresh fruit over fruit juice. Whole grains over refined grains. Lean meats over fatty or processed meats.
10. Keep in mind that healthy eating is a lifelong journey, not just a phase in your life.
- It’s not a diet or a temporary fix, it’s a lifestyle that should be maintained everyday. Approach each day with this mindset and experience the incredible side effects of a healthy lifestyle.