Despite the exceedingly hard to amass body visuals the runways constantly throw at us-- waif like mince thin models with legs for days-- full figured body types has always been in season. In fact the average size for your ordinary American woman is from a 12-14 that’s a big leap from the typical size 2 to 4 that grace the runways.
There is much to admire in the curves of a fuller figured woman and in my humble opinion a dress is always worn best when every curve and shape is highlighted in the fullness there of. Curvier celebrities such as Adele, Melissa McCarthy, Queen Latifah and Christina Hendricks are examples of this.
Alas, with the new found spotlight on fuller figures the dresses this spring for larger women are equally as tantalizing. Spring dresses are beaming with more style; bold prints, sexy cut-outs, and bewitching accents.
After looking through the piles of clothes I have uncovered 10 spring dresses for fuller figures that are a nod to the beauty of the well rounded woman…
1. Marilyn long convertible dress $235 monifc.com
2. ASOS CURVE heart print dress $88 asos.com
3. Rachel Pally White Label plus long wrap dress $286 bloomingdales.com
4. Aidan Mattox plus sequin dress $188 bloomingdales.com
5. ASOS CURVE Premium dress w/applique flower tulip $63.14 asos.com
6. Melissa Masse Plus sleeveless patterned dress $295 bloomingdales.com
7. Vince Camuto Plus Colorful rings dress $109 bloomingdales.com
8. ASOS CURVE chiffon dress w/gathered skirt $39 asos.com
9. Scalloped Boudoir lace dress $158 kiyonna.com
10. Tabitha color blocked dress w/scalloped hem $195 monifc.com