Everyone wants to find a special Christmas present for their favorite feline friend. However, it doesn't take a lot of money to make your cat happy. The Healing Hearts cats have chosen their top ten holiday gifts under $10. Click on the link in each listing to purchase the toy online.
1) Da Bird is the most popular toy at Healing Hearts. It consists of two stiff feathers on a long string attached to a long, flexible pole. When waved back and forth overhead, this toy creates a whistling sound. Cats go crazy trying to jump up and catch the whistling birdie. The attached video shows Star and Blaze, 8 year old Bengal mix brothers, jumping wildly for Da Bird. It is available for just $6.97 at Amazon.com.
2) Little rubber bouncy balls are one of the most popular toys at Healing Hearts. They are kept mostly in the kitchen where the cats enjoy chasing them around and bouncing them off the cupboards. A five-pack of bouncy balls is only $1 at Dollar Tree.
3) Catnip bubbles also provide loads of interactive fun for your cat. Just blow a few catnip bubbles with the enclosed wand and watch your cat try to catch them in mid-air or whack them on the carpet. Coolkaboodle.com has catnip bubbles for just $4.99.
4) Sisal rope is an easy way to spice up an old cat tower or scratching post. 50 feet of large sisal rope is just $8.81 at Home Depot. This package contains enough sisal rope to cover a large scratching post or a two foot section of a cat tower. Just wrap the rope tightly around the cat tower or post and tuck the end under.
5) The SmartyKat Catnip Kiss toy is a hard ball of compressed catnip. Your cat will thoroughly enjoy licking the catnip ball and rolling it around the house with their paws. This toy is just $2.97 at Walmart.com.
6) Wide rubber wrist bands are a continual delight to the playful cat. Cats love the funny way they flop when poked with a paw. These wrist bands are often given away for free by various companies and corporations.
7)The Kong catnip squirrel is a perennial favorite. This toy consists of a soft, realistic-looking fuzzy brown squirrel with a velcro pouch in the belly where you can add and refill it with catnip. Chew.com offers the Kong catnip squirrel for just $3.99.
8) The Squeak and Play toy by Our Pets is always a hit. Just clip the doorhanger portion over the top of a regular interior door. The long elastic string hangs down with a fuzzy mouse on the end that squeaks when touched. Cats love to jump up and grab the mouse, hold on tight, and then let it spring back and bounce around. Squeak and Play is only $8.96 at Amazon.com.
9) PetSmart sells special kitty stockings full of presents at Christmastime. The large plastic kitty stocking contains 22 toys in all. These toys include jingle balls, sparkly puffballs, feather toys and half a dozen soft fuzzy toys for pouncing and attacking. The kitty stocking is just $9.99 in PetSmart stores.
10) The Crackle Shute is a great interactive toy, especially if you have more than one cat. This canvas tunnel supported by internal metal springs makes a loud crackling noise when pounced on. It is easily wide enough for most cats to crawl through or hide inside. The Crackle Shute is just $7.88 at your local Walmart store.