Contractors often ask us why QuickBooks is so hard to use
When They Watch the commercials and see the marketing hype it looks so darn easy that everyone else seems to be using it with ease and grace and it makes them feel like they are not very smart. We tell it like it is, some marketing is honest and forthright like most construction company owners; other marketing is an outright lie and in the middle are half-truths.
Construction Contractors and everyone with any integrity that is associated with the construction industry knows their chosen profession is among the most dangerous on earth and they have no patience for nonsense, lies and half-truths because that type of thing that gets people injured or killed.
Contractors Bookkeeping Software is not likely to injure or kill anyone; however, if a contractor relies on a financial tool to do its job and it doesn't then it is can injure or kill a construction company.
It Comes Down To The Tool And The Person Using It. According To Malcolm Gladwell - Author of the book "Outlier". The Beatles played nearly 10,000 hours together in Germany before the emerged as "The Beatles", Tiger Woods invested 10,000 hours on the golf course before he turned 21, Bill Gates as a kid put in 10,000 on his PC.
Strategic Construction Bookkeeping - Is as different from standard bookkeeping as someone who maintains a fancy dog house is from a professional remodel contractor!
Professional Remodel Contractors - Have told me in no uncertain terms how they feel about unlicensed and super cheap contractors who underbid them for construction projects. In some cases they will try to warn customers about how "The Sweetness of Low Price Soon Fades While The bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers On".
Sometimes The Customer - Will call you back to fix all the screw-ups and bad construction. In the end the customer ends up paying more money spending more time than if they had it done right in the first place.
We See The Same Problem - When some construction company owners shop for bookkeeping services thinking all accountants and bookkeepers are the same. Do not be fooled by low price leaders promising a champagne dinner or a beer budget because it simply is not going to occur.
Ask Yourself What Do You Want from your bookkeeping system. Most contractors need the basics; Annual Tax Returns, Quarterly Tax Returns, Payroll Tax Returns, Sales Tax Returns. Those are the primary reason contractors need to maintain a detailed set of books, but there are other factors at play. It’s important to know how much money your contracting company is bringing in and how and where the money is going.
Other Things Contractors Want From Their Bookkeeping Service Which We Provide Are:
- Professional Bookkeepers with over 10,000 hours of practice
- Cloud based desktop version of your QuickBooks
- Cloud based document storage
- Quarterly Tax Returns
- Sales Tax Returns
- Payroll Processing
- Payroll Tax Returns, 941 and 940
- Contractor Invoicing
- Work In Progress (WIP) Reporting
- Pay Application Invoicing For Remodel Projects
- Pay Applications For Tenant Improvement Projects (TI)
- Job Deposit Tracking
- Retention Tracking System
- Insurance Audit Support Service
- QuickBooks Reports
- Job Cost Reports
- Optional scanner for sending paperwork to us with the touch of a button
- Five Key Performance Indicator Reports for monitoring your business
- Business Processes Management
- Business Coaching - Someone who understands your business to talk with
- Construction Marketing Resources
- QuickBooks Setup For Construction Company
- Access to Meeting Space 24/7/365 - For training, meeting clients and vendors and quiet work place
These Are Real Services We Provide. Don't take our word for it see some of the reviews from our Raving Fans:
General Contractor - Seattle, Washington
"Randal and Sharie handle all my accounting and do a magnificent job.
They specialize in doing accounting for Contractors and have been able to offer assistance for me in handling other business matters too.
Having been in the trades previously they know what I am going through and I'm able to lean on their experience at times in my business decision making.
Originally I tried to handle some of my books and eventually I found it easier and more profitable for the business to have them handle everything from entering receipts into QuickBooks to doing my Quarterlies.
I am currently a customer with them and am completely satisfied. If you are a new business owner in the trades you need someone like this in your corner."
See this and more at http://www.fasteasyaccounting.com/Our-Raving-Fans/
We Are Less Expensive - In the long run than a Cheap Bookkeeper because in order to provide strategic bookkeeping services means we have to recruit hire and train Professional Bookkeepers who have the following traits:
- Minimum 10,000 hours or more of bookkeeping training and/or practice
- The understanding that bookkeeping is 90% repetitive transactions and 10% are complex transactions
- They know what to do with complex transactions and if they need help they ask someone in the office to help
- Arrives on time and leaves on time
- Greets your customers and clients with a smile
- Understands their job description is serve your customers
- Cares about you as a person
- Cares about your company
- Cares about your staff
- Cares about your suppliers
- Cheerful, thinking, responsible adult
- Focuses on their job while at work
- Leaves home issues at home and work issues at work
- Continually learns new skill sets because they take pride in their work
- Embraces processes and procedures that allow everyone to succeed
- Produce reliable and good reports
- Take a lunch break away from the office to recharge their minds and bodies
- Take reasonable breaks during the day to clear their mind
- Team players working to maintain the integrity of your QuickBooks
Professional Bookkeepers Demand:
- A living wage with benefits
- Air Conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter
- Company paid training to continually update their skill sets
- Do not expect them to ANSWER THE PHONE
- Good lighting in their office and the building in general
- Kitchenette with free beverages, snacks, frozen foods and a microwave
- Library of online knowledge base available only to qualified Bookkeepers
- Lots of room to spread out paper and assorted files
- Private office with a door so they can work in quiet and think
- We provide them with 24-7 technical English speaking U.S. based phone support
- The latest in computer hardware and software with lots of power
- Two large flat screen dual monitors with DVI inputs and high resolution
- We understand and implement as much as possible the following:
- Deming’s 14 points
- Covey’s 7 Habits
- Good To Great
Our Professional Bookkeepers - Are worth it because each one can do the same amount of work as five or more standard bookkeepers and do it with greater accuracy because they have the proper equipment, training and support for strategic construction bookkeeping.
Just Like You Warn - Homeowners about the hidden cost of cheap low priced construction companies we try to warn construction business owners about the true cost of Cheap Bookkeepers. Too often some contractors will think they can hire a Cheap Bookkeeper to save money in all too often the results are catastrophic!
In The End - Bad Bookkeepers will leave you with unfiled and unpaid taxes, gasping, upset, with tear stained checks, wide-eyed, stupid, mouth open, standing in the middle of the highway of business success staring at the remains of your business, crashed, rolled over, upside down, in the ditch, on fire, with flames belching from all sides with no hope in sight.
I Have Seen Bad Bookkeepers - Ruin far too many businesses, especially construction businesses. In most cases it was Bookkeeping Incompetence, in some cases Bookkeeper Embezzlement and in other cases it appears to have been deliberate. All I know for sure is that I have witnessed business failures that have led to divorce, families destroyed, finances wiped out and people living on the streets. In a few extreme cases I know of contractors that have taken their own lives because they were so stressed out and had lost hope.
Replace Your Wealth Prevention Tool Before It Is Too Late!
For Construction Company Owners who do not need the full power of QuickBooks for contractors and want 24/7 online access we offer Xero Accounting Online and we have custom setup for construction companies. Click Here For More.
This Is One More Example of how Fast Easy Accounting is helping construction company owners just like you put more money in the bank to operate and grow your construction company. Construction accounting is not rocket science; it is a lot harder than that and a lot more valuable to people like you and me so stop missing out! Call Sharie 206-361-3950 or email@example.com and schedule your no charge one-hour consultation or click here http://www.fasteasyaccounting.com/free-one-hour-consultation-quickbooks-for-contractors/
Profitable Contractors and Construction Company owners have known about the value of outsourced bookkeeping services and contractor coaching services like ours for a long time and now you know about it too!
We Scan Your Receipts And Invoices link the appropriate transactions to QuickBooks or Xero Accounting Online depending on the construction accounting service you are using and provide ongoing Cloud Based Contractors Bookkeeping Services by accountants who understand construction.
Thinking About Outsourcing Your Contractors Bookkeeping Services To Save Time And Money?
Need Help Now?
Call Sharie 206-361-3950
We Are Xero Accounting Experts Specializing In Construction Bookkeeping Services
About The Author:
Randal DeHart, PMP, QPA is the co-founder of Business Consulting And Accounting in Lynnwood Washington. He is the leading expert in outsourced construction bookkeeping and accounting services for small construction companies across the USA. He is experienced as a Contractor, Project Management Professional, Construction Accountant, Intuit ProAdvisor, QuickBooks For Contractors Expert and Xero Accounting Specialist. This combination of experience and skill sets provides a unique perspective which allows him to see the world through the eyes of a contractor, Project Manager, Accountant and construction accountant. This quadruple understanding is what sets him apart from other Intuit ProAdvisors and Xero accountants to the benefit of all of the construction contractors he serves across the USA. Visit http://www.fasteasyaccounting.com/randal-dehart/ to learn more.
Our Co-Founder Randal DeHart - Is a Certified PMP (Project Management Professional) with several years of construction project management experience. His expertise is construction accounting systems engineering and process development. His exhaustive study of several leading experts including the work of Dr. W. Edward Deming, Michael Gerber, Walter A. Shewhart, James Lewis and dozens of others was the foundation upon which our Construction Bookkeeping System is based and continues to evolve and improve. Check out our Contractor Success Map Podcast on iTunes and Follow Randal on Google+