Have you ever seen someone eating kugel on TV and had a craving for it afterwards? Now you can satisfy your craving in under one hour and in 150 calories. Below you will find a wonderfully easy recipe for kugel. All it takes is 10 minutes for mixing all the ingredients together, and then popping it in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
This recipe is compliments of Martha Stewart.
Martha Stewart Noodle Pudding
• 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter (or PAM spray)
• coarse salt
• 4 ounces of egg noodles (or any other type of plain noodles)
• 2 ounces of cream cheese
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 1 large egg (or 1/2 cup of egg substitute)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter or spray a baking dish with PAM In salted water, cook noodles fully and drain, and put to one side
2. In a bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, sugar, and eggs. Mix the mixture till combined fully.
3. Add in noodles and season with salt.
4. Transfer noodle into the baking dish and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
5. After it cools down top it with cinnamon and sugar
You can either eat the kugel hot or cold. Personally, this tastes better cold. Therefore if you would like to make it colder place it in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours or overnight.
Well bon appetit everyone!!