Launched in 2008, Examiner.com is a dynamic entertainment, news and lifestyle network that serves more than 20 million monthly readers across the U.S. and around the world.
Real People. Real Knowledge.
Examiner.com is fully powered by Examiners, thousands of writers who are self-motivated independent contributors. Each Examiner is able to express through words and photos a deep expertise in a topic. Their knowledge is enhanced by a viewpoint unique to their experiences and oftentimes, their location.
Ready? Here are the qualifications we expect of Examiners, and of you as an applicant:
- You are a credible, passionate and knowledgeable subject matter expert
- Even if you’re not a professional writer, you feel ready to write interesting articles about your topic in the third person
- You are willing to provide timely, accurate and fair information with proper attribution of your sources as appropriate
- As it makes sense, you’re willing to infuse your articles with a local point of view, including coverage of venues, events and local attractions
- You are willing to contribute 1-2 articles per week on average to build and keep your audience
- You are open to our feedback about your topic and articles, and are interested in creating the highest quality articles possible
Set? Join us to begin enjoying the benefits, including:
- Exposure: Build your readership with visibility on Examiner.com, our mobile site and through various website partnerships
- Platform: Publishing through our website allows you to take advantage of our built-in Search Engine Optimization and social marketing tools
- Compensation: Competitive rates recognize your writing activity and reader interest
- Training: Examiner University will guide you through publishing your first article and will remain available 24/7 to help you improve your writing, technical and marketing skills
- Humans: We have a great team based in Denver, CO who will contact you on a regular basis to offer feedback, answer your questions and welcome you to our community of contributors
- Editorial Guidance: Examiners are free to write what they know, while our HQ team helps guide you through editorial calendars and promotional opportunities
- Access: We help Examiners achieve the credentials needed to attend and cover local and national events
- Special programs: From unique writing programs to discounts on travel, retail goods and local services
Want to hear more?
Check out this (completely unsolicited, we swear!) testimonial from our Atlanta Small Business Examiner: Click to read.
Go! Click the button below to enter our online application. The first thing you’ll need to do is select a subject – choose from the available or list, or click “Suggest a Topic” to enter your own. You can also change your location from the application as needed.
The Fine Print: Examiners must be 18 years of age or older and U.S. or Canadian residents. Each Examiner is required to sign an independent contributor agreement prior to activation.